Sunday, December 8, 2013

The Ring

I felt like I had to choose between my father and Anton, so at dinner I tried asking my dad about his day, but he just snapped at me. My decision was made... I walked Ruth to Nigger Bottoms and said goodbye to her. At night, I packed some of my belongings and met Anton in the hideout. He told me I couldn't come with him , and I told him I love him. he told me he loved me too and gave me a ring that had been in there family for a long time. He then left to catch a train...and I felt like I wouldn't see him again.
I really miss Anton, I wear his ring around my neck everyday. I went to the store and saw that Sharon was putting on a show and my dad said he would take her straight to Hollywood. I went and told Sister Parks about the ring and when she asked me where I got it from, I told her this old man on the street gave it to me. Also, I said that he called me a valuable person...Sister Parks then asked my dad if the ring was real gold and my dad asked me where I got the ring from. I told him the same story I told Sister Park, but he thought the man molested me and beat me in the store after calling me a "dirty girl".

No comments:

Post a Comment