Sunday, December 8, 2013

Almost Found

The FBI began questioning me and I felt very nervous, and ended up crying. I told them that we talked about where we had each came from, but I told them that he purchased a straw hat like the other soldiers instead of a pin. Afterwards, a reporter named Charlene Madlee came by looking for the sheriff. I led her to the sheriff's office, I asked her how she became a reporter and we talked about our love of words together. I had to go to the prison camp and when we got there, Charlene invited me to come and act as a reporter. we went and talked to the doctor that had treated Anton. He described him as a nicer guy than the other guys. the doctor also said that Anton wouldn't want to cause trouble, he'd just want his freedom. When we got back home, I was thinking about how Charlene was telling me about becoming a  reporter, but I was thinking I could do so much more with my life. I was giving food and clothes to Anton when I remembered a Father's Day shirt I gave to my dad. He never appreciated it, he just mumbled a "thank you" but he never wore it. It had his initials embroidered in it and everything.... I gave it to Anton and we continued talking. I then just felt really mad at him, all of a sudden I was thinking why he hasn't asked me to come run away with him. I then started thinking that Anton was only being nice to me because I was protecting him. After I left the hideout, Freddy Dowd came and asked if we could play. My parents came home and saw me far away from the house. My dad then beat me because I was disobeying his orders. I saw Anton coming out to me and my dad and I screamed for him to go back. I didn't know that in the process Ruth saw him...

No comments:

Post a Comment